A cacti producers in Germany offered cacti seeds with package system: Package 1 (10â€•25 seeds) is valued at IDR8.400â€•IDR70.000; Package 2 (100 seeds) is valued at IDR46.200â€•IDR448.000; and Package 3 (1.000 seeds) is valued at IDR252.000â€•IDR630.000. If you are interested, grow and wait for them to grow for the next 7 years. The seeds may have become Ariocarpus fissuratus 'latus' which may be valued at a minimum of IDR12,5-millions each with 10 cm diameter.
Cacti seeds of Germany actually has entered Indonesia since thirty four years ago. Some of the popular variants at that moment were mammillaria, ferocacatus, and gymnocalycium. They were imported by 4Â\5 players in Lembang, Bandung. Within 5 years, Lembang has transformed into cacti center. From there, cacti has dispersed to Sumatera, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, Bali, until Papua.
As for now expensive cacti are in quest for. They are a group of spineless cacti such as ariocarpus and astrophytum. They may be valued up to 100 times higher than regular variants, moreover if they undergo mutation such as variegated, cristata, or monster. The interesting part is the seeds of expensive cacti are of the same price as cacti seeds that were brought in 34 years ago. Thus, it opens an opportunity to widely cultivate exclusive cacti in Indonesia. Nevertheless, the technique of cultivation and character of the market must be learned first. The reason is due to the super slow growth character of spineless cacti. (Destika Cahyana/ Reporter(s): Faiz Yajri, Imam Wiguna, Nesia Artdiyasa, Rosy Nur Apriyanti, and Tri Susanti)
- A 7-year old Ariocarpus fissuratus 'latus' is valued at IDR12,5-millions
- Pramana Abdul Gani, a new player who has reached selling volume of more than 8.000Â\10.000 pots per month
- The peculiarity of Astrophytum asterias lies in the extreme V pattern. With a diameter of 7 cm, the asterias is worth at least IDR5-millions
- Gymnocalycium, an ordinary variant which is being fond of due to its conspicuous color
- A collection of cacti that belongs to Linda in Surabaya
- Mammilaria having a diameter of 15 cm